Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Gesiggies

One of my favourite flowers is a pansy, in Afrikaans they are called ‘gesiggies’ (little faces).  I remember as a child out walking the dog with my mother, we found a small little pansy growing in the gravel of the local church’s car park.  We wanted to save it, so we took it home.  By the next summer, the garden was covered in pansies.  This week, I found some pansies at the local store.  My younger son immediately claimed them for himself and planted them in the garden. 

I am very proud of him.  He gets paid $2 a week to water all the plants with the watering can.  He has been really conscientious about it, so it looks like these little flowers will do well in the garden.  All my sweet pea seeds have sprouted as well because of his hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment