Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Fix It Friday at iHeartFaces

This week’s photo is of the cutest little boy!  He has a twin.  Just as well the photo is just of one of them, those eyes are mesmerising!  This is the original photo.

Fix-It Friday #66

I first did a basic edit with some sharpening and a blur to soften noise and smooth his skin.  I also cloned out the blue shirt and blond hair.  I added a screen capture of the layers I used, including a photo filter to warm up his skin tone.  The Hue/Saturation layer just made his red shirt and lips a bit warmer and brighter.

I then added a crop.  The photo is great on its own, I think, but I do like the crop as well.  His eyes are just such a big part of the image, I wanted less distraction.

Playing around with a black and white version, I came up with something I really like.

These are just some experiments with Pioneer Woman’s actions.

Old West Soft & Faded
Sunshine Vintage

Amazing what we can do with technology!

To see more edits of this image, be sure to visit the website by clicking on the link above.

2 comments:

  1. The sunshine action worked really well with this photo. Your black and white turned out great! Great job!

    ReplyDelete