Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fix It Friday - iHeartFaces

This week’s image by Susan Keller is a bit of a challenge.  The curve of the road with the trees is great.  There is a lot of potential here, though I would probably have taken the image from lower down, pointing the camera slightly up, so the teenager would look bigger and stronger.   The sun flare is just awesome though, so I couldn’t resist playing around a bit.

First I edited out distractions in the background like the pole and the metal box.  I pushed up the brightness and contrast a lot and moved the levels around a bit.  I also heightened the exposure on the teenager to make him a bit brighter.

Then I experimented with some filters in Photoshop CS4 I haven’t tried before.

Notepaper Filter

 Film grain Filter

2 comments: