Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

For the love of teddy bears

I adore teddy bears and still have one or two from my childhood.  (It makes it easy for the kids on Mother’s Day!)  To my husband’s despair, I have given that love to my kids as well.  Between us, we have quite a few now. 

My youngest’s favourite is her Pooh, such a cute and cuddle one!  Exactly the right size and shape to squeeze.  He was a gift from a friend on her birthday.  She is totally nuts about Winnie the Pooh!

I gave my younger son this teddy bear one night to calm him after he had a nightmare.  He promptly named him Crocodile Bear.

Crocolide Bear has become a little worn, but he is still loved!

My oldest’s favourite is Monkey, a small monkey my sister gave him as a baby.  I haven’t been able to find his hiding spot.  My son has had to battle for his favourite every time he got another sibling.  They all love him to bits.  So now Monkey is in hiding from the younger two.  Poor thing even has a patch on his bum from where the dog got hold of him (stolen right out of bed!)  The second favourite is this little dragon, Caesar. 

My defence for having too many teddies?  One day I can pass them along to the grandkids!

4 comments:

  1. My girls love all things stuffed too! We have so many stuffed animals from friends/family that I have a toy chest dedicated just to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am not the only one! :D

    ReplyDelete