Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fix it Friday – I Heart Faces

I decided to attempt this week’s Fix It Friday.  They post a photo and you try to improve it. 

This little one’s mom caught her fabulous expression, but she has a few things that bother her about the photo.

 

I  edited the photo in Photoshop CS4.    I edited the levels and curves a little, then made the image a little warmer (PW Action). I added two textures, one of my own and one from Alex Beadon.  Both textures were with soft light.  Did a quick edge burn (PW Action),  sharpened selectively (PW Action), then added a gradient fill.  I finished it off with the ‘Lovely and Ethereal” and “Colourized” actions from Pioneer Woman.

I then did a 1:1 crop, which I also like.
 
 

Everything I did was totally experimental.  Haven’t edited a photo this much before.  Quite a few things I have never tried before.  Was definitely fun!

5 comments:

  1. Looks good to me! You did a great job, the crop is very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely demonstration of what you can do - and of what a cutie she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The warm edit is great and the texture suits perfectly! I love the crop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun? I love playing with images I haven't taken. Love the textured one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for the kind comments

    ReplyDelete